Dr.B.D. Garg – Outstanding Pharmacologist Award
The Award consisting of interest accrued from Mathura ISVPT Endowment Fund (donated by OS, VIII Annual Conference of ISVPT) Rs. 1,00,000/ (Rupees One lac Only) and Anand ISVPT Endowment Fund (donated by OS, IX Annual Conference of ISVPT) Rs. 1,00,000/ (Rupees One lac Only), a citation and a certificate will be given by the Indian Society of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology (ISVPT) at its Annual Conference in recognition of the contributions made for the advancement of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology.
Terms & Conditions :
- The Award will be given annually beginning form the year 2009-2010 subject to approval of the EC of ISVPT.
- The award is applicable to a distinguished Veterinary Pharmacologist/ Toxicologist of above 50 years of age.
- The applicant must have spent majority of his/her career pursuing teaching/research in Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology at an Academic/Research Institute in India.
- The award will be announced by the Secretary General of ISVPT.
- Two experts/subject matter specialist will be nominated by the Executive Committee of ISVPT and these two Members with President of the Society will suggest the names of three candidates in order of merit for this award based on the following criteria :
- i. Quality of research
- ii. Qualify of publications
- iii. Creative writing
- iv. Significant contributes made in the filed of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology and animal health and production.
- v. Original contribution to the subject.
- vi. Contribution towards teaching including Post-graduate education.
- vii. Number of Master’s and Doctoral candidates guided.
- viii. Number of publication in National and International Journals of repute (including impact factor as per the NAAS Rating).
- ix. Honours and Awards received.
- Recommendations of the Experts will be evaluated and considered by Executive Committee of ISVPT, may be by circulation even through mail and finalized by the EC of the Society. In case of any dispute, the decision of the President, ISVPT will be final.
- The award will be bestowed upon the recipient the inaugural function of the Conference. The award will be consisting of a Citation, a Shawl and memento and the recipient will be reimbursed to the fro II Class AC train fare or as decided by the EC of the society